Pastor Transitions, Search Teams, etc.
A bibliography for churches and pastors during seasons of pastor transitions, searching, calling, and maximizing the unique opportunities of change
Ideas for how to walk through a pastoral transition
- Download our Guide for pastor transitions
- Interim Pastor Ministries to help your church thrive during transition and help Pastor Next succeed
- Embracing Succession: Helping Ministry Leaders Confront the Personal Side of Transition by Will Heath. Pastors should read this up to three years before transitioning out.
- Leading Turnaround Churches. Instead of leaving the church you're serving, consider leading them through change
- North Central District’s guide to transitions
- Soaring Between Pastors, by Tom Harris with IPM - how churches can become stronger during a pastor transition
- Next: Pastoral Succession that Works by Vanderbloemen and Bird, Foreword by John Ortberg.
- Training IPM to become an interim pastor
- "21 Common Mistakes a Pastor Nominating Committee Makes" by IPM
- "5 Common Pastor Search Mistakes" from Lifeway Research
- "7 C's of Calling a Pastor" by Noah Palmer
- Setting a church employee’s salary: Contact Colby and he can run a report specific to your context.
- Church Growth: How Fundamental Benchmarks Impact Compensation
- Gospel Coalition job site
- Principles of Hiring by Craig Groeschel: Part 1; Part 2
- Salary guide from the North Central District
- Small Town and Rural Churches - make sure your pastor is equipped to minister in your context. The district office has training and resources to help a pastor flourish in your church. Just contact us, even before Pastor Next begins.
- Vanderbloemen Church Staffing
- PastorSearch, the EFCA placement tool for churches and candidates
- Church Staffing
- Jobs for Pastors
- Ministry Search
- FaithSearch Partners
- The Shepherd Staff